Tuesday 27 July 2010

Not a single border in sight!

I finally got round to getting my sewing machine in action again after buying a pdf pattern from
Jackie for an iphone case (No I don't have an iphone! Whatever gave you that idea!). I used a commercial batik fabric with a blue lining; the embellishment was a piece of foiled paper wih a voile spiral on top. There are a few mistakes but I'll regard this one as a practice run - an excuse to make another one! Pop over to Jackie's blog to see her lovely textiles, especially her brooches. (Secretly I did have a play with a new border ....)

4 comments:

  1. lol you have me doing borders now.....love this case very eye catching...will check out Jackie's blog now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly went above and beyond on the borders and you did a great job. I hope you'll forgive an old man with a bad memory for not pointing people to your blog originally, but I've corrected that now. Thanks for the examples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done. It looks lovely. I can fit my camera in mine because I don't have an iphone either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you, the iphone case is lovely. I reckon my daughter would love one, I may have to get the pattern too. I am about to add you to my links (as I have been following in bloglines) and I'll put a link to your blog again next time I post, especially if I manage to find the time to play with the borders!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Every one is valued!