Friday 29 August 2014

New finds

I guess we all like to root around in charity shops and bargain shops.  Where we live there are quite a few bargain/pound shops in the shopping centre - this is where I found this enamel cup which I thought had possibilities for a photo or two (I may even use it to drink tea).  The small tray with violets on came from a 50 pence stall in the market.  I think it may have been part of a vintage (aka old) dressing table set as I remember my grandmother having a similar one.  Not a bad haul for one week.  Now where shall I keep them? ....

7 comments:

  1. Nice finds. I was actually in a resale shop the other day as we waited for our granddaughter to arrive...so many things caught my eye, but I had to keep saying to myself...downsizing, repeat, downsizing. I came home with Scrabble pieces that spelled my new granddaughters name. They don't take up much room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo, Julia. I've got two of those dressing table trays and they are so pretty! I wish I had more opportunity to go round charity shops and flea markets so I could pick up a few beautiful things like this... As for the Jaffa cakes, well, Shoshi's not going there - at least not till I shed some more of this ghastly weight lol lol!!!

    Thanks for your visit and nice comment. Yes, we love the Barbican! We have quite a few places like that around here - Totnes for one, and then St. Marychurch (part of Torquay) quite near where we live, has a pretty little pedestrian arcade with fascinating shops in it - very alternative! Definitely some places to visit should you ever come down south.

    Have a great weekend.
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great goodies, Julia!
    This is such a lovely photograph.
    I wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea ... and I thought your charity shop finds were outstanding. Great still life of your tray, mug and of course those enticing biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tea in a mug is the only way to quench a real thirst lol so why do I crave tea in a fine bine china teacup with a saucer now and then lol
    really nice finds there : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't beat a good bargain :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Every one is valued!