Thursday 24 July 2014

Old and new

Sometimes you just wish you could add the scent of the sweet peas!  It's a long time since I grew sweet peas as sunflowers had taken over for a while, but the delicate colours and the scent make it worth while!  I found this Mason jar in a local shop which was a surprise as I had only seen them in photos from the US, it's really a drinking 'cup' with a lid and straw.  The old book came from a second-hand bookshop in Scotland.  I offered to pay for it but apparently it was considered as unsellable.  If they only knew!

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful still-life photo. The mason jar mugs are really popular here and you can even get them in wine glass style and red cup style. The book sure adds lots of patina and texture. Have a great day. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely composition, Julia.

    Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely, I do miss sweet peas. love the book too, great composition

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew sweet peas one summer....haven't thought about them for years---until now! What a beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Every one is valued!