Tuesday 1 September 2009

Over the Tyne - part one

Today we visited the Baltic Arts Centre on the Gateshead side of the Tyne

just in time to see the footbridge rotate to let some boats through. Nothing made a great impression on me at the Baltic (I feel a bit guilty about this!) except a mock-up of an old shed full of useless bits and pieces (like I have at the back of some cupboards), all colour coordinated and set out so you could see everything clearly through the glass windows. Why is other people's rubbish so fascinating!? Do I have to go to an art gallery to see it? I suppose one man's or woman's rubbish is another art gallery's attraction. I always think "Why didn't I think of that?" Is that what makes it art? Hmm ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Every one is valued!