Thursday 13 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I found this white cup in Sainsbury's supermarket and thought I'd try to do something with it for the 14th.  I've used one of Kim Klassen's small heart brushes along with a fabric background fastened to the wall.

This was a similar 'studio' set up with the window on the left and the camera screen flipped out.  Using the live view meant that I could use the cable release and the lens would focus in by itself, as it were (very technical as you can tell!).  It's really useful when you want to capture something low down - it's not a problem getting down to do this but I might not get up again!

10 comments:

  1. How pretty this is, Julia.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the tips you are sharing as well as the images you create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Julia - a refreshing change from bright red, as well. Very interesting camera setup too. I know the feeling about not being able to get up again lol!!!

    Thanks for your lovely comment, and I'm glad you like the card I made for my hubby.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit - yes, I really feel we've settled in now, and getting into some sort of routine at last. It really is great to be able to use my new ARTHaven after such a long wait.

    Hope you are having a good week.
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your set up...I need to find my tripod again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! how are you? how are you coping with all the rain and I imagine you have snow too. I raced back to london for a week last week to pack up the house as we finally sold it, such a relief but the weather was so awful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work and capture. I know how the old bones feel, thats why I keep lying down and get up, to keep these old bones active,lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Julia - I'm sure I'll feel better in a day or two. At the moment my throat is very sore and I keep coughing, and haven't got much voice! I haven't been very busy today but at least I've done a few more knitting rows.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  9. How useful is that flipped out screen!!!! Can I justify a camera upgrade? Probably not at the moment, I just have to use a tall table and a couple of boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Every one is valued!